Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I didn't overdose on Advil pm.

We are here!  Here in Singapore.  Our first day was a huge blur.  Part jet lag, part excitement, and part because I took four Advil pm's on the plane.  I guess that mixed with four glasses of red wine tells you what I did the entire flight.  It wasn't all my fault though, Greg was dispensing them.  And apparently for the few short minutes before I passed out I was Kristina Wiig from Bridesmaids (colonial women churning butter on the wing).  Whatever it takes to get me through a 19 hour flight is Greg's motto. 


We are staying a cute LITTLE service apartment.  Just think of it as a hotel with a teeny tiny kitchen.  No storage space for anything!!  I am headed out today to find baskets, crates, bins or anything to hold all the six suitcases of belongings we brought.  The place is centrally located and walking distance to a lot of shopping.  Greg and I did a little exploring yesterday, got some pretty good ramen for breakfast and found our local grocery store.  Ok stop the track.  Yeah, the grocery store.  Wine: 38 $  Creamer for coffee: 14$  Paper towels: 10$ for one roll!!!  We came from NYC, I didn't expect to be this shocked about prices.  Hopefully, it is just the expensive expat grocery store in the middle of the city and we will find a cheaper one.  


My dear darling husband came home from work and took me to Clarke Quay.  www.clarkequay.com.sg/  It is like The Grove in LA or Barefoot Landing in Mytle Beach.  Very touristy but cute and on the river.  We had drinks at a Mexican restaurant and dinner at a Cuban place.  I was too tired to eat but apparently they don't have take out boxes in Singy.  So now I am sitting here at 6 am waiting for the continental breakfast to ease the hunger pains.  Oh yeah, Greg and I both slept 8 hours straight last night.  Fell asleep around 9 and woke up 5!  YAY us!  Busy day ahead and need to get a cell phone asap.


Things I am asking today:  

  • Do Singaporeans use napkins? 
  • Where can I get cheap wine?
  • Does it rain this much everyday?
  • Where to get a manicure today?  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetie! Love this. Will read it religiously! Send my love to Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hans i am lovin this already. i can just hear your little southern NC voice as i read it .. sounds like you are doing GREAT i mean GREAT - i am a little jealous i have to say.. id LOVE to only be toting 6 suitcases with me as i pack up our entire lives together and move to a different neighborhood. would you believe winston even had 1-2 boxes of his own things? i actually made a box of 'free' stuff to put by the garbage. maybe it made someones day... would love to come visit. lemme talk to my craigybank. oh my god... i just came up with that.. he is going to die.. ha !!!!! miss you. drinking wine will always drink one for you my homey. xoxo, a

    ReplyDelete