Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mall Madness and Chicken Rice

So remember that game, Mall Madness?  I loved it and played it religiously with Sarah Ellis, Britney Cantrell, and Annie King.  Well, Mall Madness was totally made in Singapore to look like all the malls here.  Multi level malls are everywhere.    I was in one today and I swear I heard the ladies voice from the game, "There is a sale at the Electronics Boutique."  


Cell phone arrival tonight!  Singapore is shady and you can't get anything done unless you are a local.  I spent four hours trying to figure out a stupid phone and it took Greg's co worker five minutes! I am learning fast and will ask before trying to do much on my own.  


Very important first today.  My first Singapore chicken rice.  Greg has been raving about this stuff since his first trip here.  His co worker (same guy from above) took us to a local hawker stand.  I learned here  they do not call them napkins.  You say tissues and you have to bring your own.   The chicken rice was wrapped in paper and was delish!  You know its a good hawker stand if there are no white people around.  

Greg getting his wife some chicken!

My first chicken rice and grass drink and of course, tissues.


More fun things from today:  

I went to Ikea.  I rode in a taxi all by myself.  I played bejeweled for an hour while waiting for the cell phone store to open.  I made a friend date for Sat and Monday, with two different people!  I got invited for coffee with an ex pat women's group.  I payed 45$ for a dress at Forever 21!  I started unpacking while listening to lots of country music.  

If you are reading this, be sure to leave me some comments.  Its will be more fun to keep this up if I know people are reading.  

6 comments:

  1. Hannah I find your blog super entertaining. Keep exploring and you will have this Singy thing down to a Science. Miss ya ~ Deedie

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW I love chicken and rice. The bodega in Queens right before the subway had the best. ~ Deedie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hannah I love your blog! I finally figured out how to comment...
    It was so nice to talk to u last night, but it sunk in that you really are very far away. :(

    Love u and keep the posts coming-
    ps, i love mall madness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracemarie, It took me about five minutes to figure out who you were. LOL! Glad you can comment now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading!!! I definitely just cracked up about Mall Madness... when I read the electronics boutique quote, I totally heard the voice from the game! Thank you for making my night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mall madness! I love it! So I may be way behind...but I love hearing your travel stories! You are living the dream girly! Enjoy it. Brittany (cantrell). :)

    ReplyDelete