Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Heading Home

Today is my last day in Singapore before we head back home for the holidays.  We leave today for vacation in Thailand with our friends Blake and Shannon and I go back to NY on Monday.  I can't believe it has been six weeks!  So much has happened in that time.  



  • I have packed up two apartments
  • I learned to cook Thai food
  • I have met lots of new friends
  • I flew 18 hours straight and didn't have a panic attack
  • I went to Bali
  • I am planning a trip to Cambodia to volunteer in the schools
  • I ate chili crab and chicken rice
  • I found a new apartment to live in when we are back
  • I learned how and and am to use the local subways (MRT)
  • I cooked dinner several nights in a kitchen with one eye on the stove, no oven, and no dishwasher
  • I can finally get around the underground tunnels in Orchard
  • I joined a coffee group
Singapore has turned out to be a great place to live.  I love the weather, the people, the food, and all the travel it has to offer.  

Merry Christmas Singapore!  I will see you in next year.  

1 comment: